Friday, June 1, 2012

Where to Get Seeds

I often get asked " where do you get your seeds ?" and the
answer  is " here and there".
Right now I am seeing a decline in seed germination regardless
of where I obtain the seeds. Local seeds from store racks
seem to be among the worst.

My favorite seed supplier is Baker Creek , but even their seeds
have lost the high percentage of germination rate they had in the past.

Perhaps we should all attempt to save our own seeds and see what the germination rate looks like.

In aquaponic systems it is best to have your seeds started
in a holding table area away from your main system.
That way you only put sprouted plants into your system.
I  can have over 300 plants growing at one time in my
system so my sprouting table usually has about 200
net pots with seeds waiting to sprout and grow roots out
the bottom. You really need those roots showing before you
put the new plant into the system.

No comments:

Post a Comment